Pages

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Bendi Card Using Stampin' Up! The Open Sea

The Open Sea is a great set and is incredibly versatile, I like it so  much I think I have used it for every Fathers day and every birthday my Dad has has since it was released.

Fathers day again soon and I've been thinking I need to get a new set cause my poor old Dad must be getting sick of the sight of this but he loves boats and I love using this set so much that I've used it again and I think my Dad will love this.




This is a bendi fold card, which I have never done before and I got some inspiration for the card shape while looking through my pinterest boards Tips and Tutorials. There was a video tutorial pinned there, I used my own measurements as I like to work in cm's.

Follow Maria Nardone's board Tips and tutorials on Pinterest.

The background was done using the world map background stamp, to colour the image I used a watercolouring technique using a clear block and Stampin' Up! markers.

I used a brayer and island indigo to give the graduated colour tone on the flaps. For the foreground I stamped the first layer of images in island indigo and the top layer in night of navy.


Supplies Used:
The Open Sea - Clear-Mount Stamp 123032
World Map 130345
Many Marvelous Markers  131264
Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad 126986
Night Of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad 126970
Brayer And Rubber Attachment 102395


You may also like to look at some of my other projects:

 

7 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful. I can see why you use that stamp set a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really pretty. Love the bend in the card - very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marni, this was my first bendi card but there will be more.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love your layered fatharsday Card! It's beautiful! Thanks for linking it up also.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I love getting feedback.