Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Stampin' Up! Undefined Kit

Using My Undefined Carved Image


Hand Carved Stamp with Stampin' Up! Undefined Kit

I originally carved this image back in January, for my sister in laws birthday card.



Please excuse the photograph, it was a quick snapshot before I had to run out the door.

The kit has everything you need to carve your image, you only need to provide the imagination which is not as easy as you may think.


The choice of image was perhaps a bit ambitious for my first attempt, the face in particular I had real problems with. I spent a long time trying to get the face right. Eventually when I had ran out of time (she was still looking like she'd gone a few rounds with tyson) I decided it was best to take away the facial features completely. I figured I could probably draw them in better than I could carve them.

I seen a product recently and the packaging design had a vintage look, it made me think about this stamp so I decided to use it again.

Stampin' Up! Undefined Kit, Carve Your Own Stamp

I need more practise with the colouring but overall I'm pleased with how this turned out and it was good to use the image again as I did spend quite a bit of time carving it.

Products Used:
Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die 123128
Undefined Stamp Carving Kit 133402
Hello Lovely 130243
Whisper White A4 Card Stock 106549
Brushed Silver A4 Card Stock 124918
Pink Pirouette A4 Card Stock 116203
Many Marvellous Markers 131264

I also made a gift box using the stamp.


Fancy Opening Box


I only used black this time when I was colouring, I was thinking about a black and white photograph but I fell short of the mark, I'm afraid.

I'm still including it in this post because I'm so pleased at how the box turned out. There is a very short video which shows the box opening and closing.

Think the box will be my next video tutorial as it wasn't very difficult to make once I'd figured out the mechanism.





Other post you might like to take a look at:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment, I love getting feedback.